Sunday, April 15, 2007

Surprise, surprise!

Okay, so I must admit that I did start knitting with the black yarn that covered my magic yarn ball. Apparently, however, that black yarn (4 balls worth--200 grams!!!!) was just the wrapping paper! But this is how my Exchequered is going. I'm quite happy with it and will continue it. Double knitting is so much fun! And I find it easier to keep the tension even double knitting than color-stranding knitting. Perhaps I should try carrying over some of the techniques over....

Well, once I realized that it was just the wrapper, I tried to unravel it as fast as I could. Slowly, slowly, I was able to pull out bits of chocolate, yarn, and two gifts. And I came across a note from the gifter: it was Froukje from my Norwegian circular knitting group! How funny is that! It was such a fabulous and thoughtful package! This is what the whole kit 'n kaboodle looked like.
Now for a bit by bit analysis of the package: Loads of chocolate! Two chocolate lollypops by choc-o-lait.com, Chocolate XL with Cappuccino and Extra Dark flavors by Rademaker, and a bar of hazelnut and chocolate by M & Bee. I'm definitely going to enjoy all this!
After reading the note, I realized why she didn't use the "real" yarn to wrap all the gifts: it is 200 grams of very fine and delicate, hand-twisted (is it also hand-spun?), hand-dyed yarn made especially for me! There are three thin strands of linen twisted with one strand of silk in two colors: 100 grams of Bordeaux and 100 grams of Chocolat. Fabulous colors that go so well together! I just love it! I'm not sure what I'm going to make with it, but I'm going to have to find a very special project for myself! Any suggestions? ^^
As if all this wasn't enough, there were two wrapped gifts as well as a cute little white dog with orange short and a yellow scarf. What o what is inside the wrapping paper? In one, I found yet another bar of chocolate: dark with ginger by Bovetti Artisan Chocolatier. I can't wait to try it out! And the final package contained a copy of dekleinejohannes, a kind of mini-encyclopedia of cooking. It is such a great book! Instead of just listing recipes, it gives some background information about different ingredients and dishes and then suggests different ways to prepare it. Fantabulous!
Dank je wel, Froukje! Het is een echt geweldig pakket! Ik ben er helemaal blij mee!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

It was such a pleasure to deliver it :-)

Monday, April 16, 2007 6:12:00 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Gelukkig!
Je hebt het echte garen gevonden! Ik was al helemaal aan het panieken en zat tegen mijn collega Yvonne (die je de bal bracht) echt mijn zorg uit te spreken....
Als je nog meer van het zwarte garen nodig hebt voor de Exchequered: meld het dan, ik heb genoeg. En als je voor de Aline nog een bolletje accentkleur (voor die paar paarse blokjes in het patroon) zou willen hebben: Ik wil het graag voor je maken. Meld dan welke kleur het zou moeten zijn. (niet bescheiden zijn hoor, gewoon doen!) En verder: ik heb geen idee wat de looplengte van het garen is, maar weet wel dat het aanmerkelijk meer is dan de gegeven lengte bij Aline. Het winden van de ballen kostte uren......En nogmaals: ik ben heel blij dat je blij bent met de bol, inclusief het "pakpapier"!

Tuesday, April 17, 2007 7:37:00 PM  
Blogger gearncniht said...

nog eens bedankt, froukje! het was allemaal echt geweldig! ik heb meer dan genoeg van de zwarte wol want ik heb alleen maar 3 bolletjes van de grijze. ik weet nog niet of ik een derde kleur wil voor de danica scarf. en ik weet niet welke kleur het zou moeten zijn! ^^ maar ik krijg misschien ideeën als ik ermee begin. ik laat je het zeker weten!

Wednesday, April 18, 2007 8:11:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home