Thursday, March 15, 2007

Magische Bolruil

Yet another swap! So, I finally got around to posting my questionnaire for the Dutch Magische Bolruil. I'm just an idiot for waiting so long... I had most of the questions already answered from the last round, which I didn't get to participate in because I forgot to post the questionnaire. Hopefully this time, I posted in time. We'll see! I guess we'll get paired up either today or tomorrow. Then, this Saturday, I meeting my Secretpal 9 spoiler (i.e., the one who spoiled me)! I'm really looking forward to it! She's in Brussels at the moment for work, so we will be meeting up in between Brussels and Amsterdam. I decided on Breda (in Noord-Brabant, the south of the Netherlands) because I've been to most of the other cities between Amsterdam and Brussels and wanted to try something new. It turns out, they also have a few yarn shops as well, so we'll definitely hit those! It's funny, because when I mention that I'm meeting my secret pal in Breda, a lot of my friends sort of laugh and wonder, "Why Breda?" For a lot of people, it's a just a small provincial town, with not a lot to offer. Be that as it may, I think that we Americans are kind of fond of quaint little places in Europe (though Breda isn't that little--by Dutch standards). Anyway, it should be a fun Saturday filled with shopping for secret pals, knit talk and just hanging out. Can't wait!

1 Comments:

Blogger Glenda said...

I think its part of living in another country to search out and visit places you've never been before - but its funny how its not something you do when you're living in your home country/town.

Hope you had fun meeting up with your ex-SP spoiler. I'm meeting mine in Dublin at the end of the month. Did you find any fun yarns in the yarn shops?

Monday, March 19, 2007 11:45:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home