Monday, March 12, 2007

Can you believe it!

Well, I ended up not burning the midnight oil Thursday night... Oh, well. I just can't stay up late anymore... Had my interesting weekend away and pick-up a copy of Le tricot pour les nuls and Bijoux au crochet. After a four-hour train ride back, I enter my building to find the mail table (there's only one mailbox for my entire building, so whoever checks the mail places it on a table in the foyer, exposed to anyway who passes in) littered with two skeins of yarn, a crochet hook, a cloth project bag, a postcard, a pattern, and a box of tea... Someone opened my package! Can you imagine! I'm pissed, but unfortunately, there isn't anything I can do about it. Fortunately, I don't think anyone else in the building is into crochet or knitting... Thought I do think the edible goody was stolen... So, for those secret pals who were recently assigned to me, would you mind sending packages to my work address instead? Just email me for the address. Thanks a lot!

Anyway, here are more specific details on the package. This was the Mugless International Crochet Kit swap. My package came all the way from England (It seems like I've been getting lots of packages from England lately! ^^) There was a box of assorted Celestial Seasonings herbal teas, a 15-cm long 4.5mm crochet hook, a pattern for Mushroom Cap by Woolly Wormhead, a nice purple cloth project bag with yellow and white vertical stripes, a 100g skein of Sirdar Denim Sport Aran (dark blue and white (hence the denim)--60% acylic, 25% cotton, 15% wool) and a hank of Michell's Lvxvry Collection yarn (beige--50% baby alpaca, 50% fine merino). It was a lovely package. Thanks mother of all needles! It was a wonderful gift! Can't wait to get started on the cap (though, it'll have to wait a bit, unfortunately).

1 Comments:

Blogger Alison said...

I'm so glad it arrived but sad someone was so rude & greedy to open it. And to steal your chocolate! Don't worry I'll send you some more.
TTFN

Wednesday, March 14, 2007 7:41:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home