Saturday, April 07, 2007

Just wanted to post right quick.

It's been ages since I've posted! A quick update:

Knitting has sort of been put on hold for a bit. I've just not been interested in doing anything... a weird sort of funk I've been going through. But I've picked it back up and am finishing up my wavy-inspired sock. I'm still working on the crochet blanket. And for my next big knitting project, I think I am going to try to make a short-sleeved shirt. We'll see, though...

My apartment is such a mess! This weird mood I've been in has sort of resulted in nothing getting done and everything just piling up... Need to get cracking on all that cleaning up! Luckily, we have a four-day weekend this weekend, so I have some extra time to get things done...

Last week, I sent off two secret pal-y sort of packages. One for the Dutch magic yarn ball swap and one for Secret Pal 10. I hope the recipients enjoy the packages!

Now, a random language tidbit: How many of you have heard the expression "right quick"? How many of you actually use it? It is a Southernism that I use. I'm not quite sure how to translate it into more standard English, though... For the Dutch among us, it is used a lot like the word even or eventjes, but "right quick" is a little more restricted. For those who know how this expression is used, but don't use it themselves, how would you express it? Just curious... Send me a message right quick and let me know! ^^

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hmmm, as a near-native user of English, it sounds like you could use 'right quick' instead of 'just', at elast in the sentence you ended your post with, but 'just' isn't quite as temporal - interesting! It may just be one of those untranslatable things...

Thursday, April 12, 2007 6:08:00 PM  
Blogger gearncniht said...

well, that's what i initially thought, but you can combine "right quick" with "just": just send me a message right quick... so, the mystery continues.... ^^

Thursday, April 12, 2007 9:02:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home