Friday, March 02, 2007

Winter Knit Kit Swap

About a week ago, I received my Winter Knit Kit Swap package from G! (Sorry for the delay in posting about it....) It was a swap through swap-bot.com where we had to send (1) a pattern for a scarf, (2) needles and enough yarn to complete the scarf, (3) a mug, (4) at least two servings of a hot beverage to enjoy while knitting away on the scarf. I was already impressed when I read the enclosed card: She got a friend to translate it into Dutch! How impressive! ^^ G sent me the Exchequered pattern from knitty.com with five balls of really soft Sublime 100% extra fine merino dk: three balls grey and two balls dark blue. I love the pattern; it happened to be one I was thinking about knitting up! And I get to learn to double knit, which is something I've been wanting to learn. And with the Prym bamboo needles, I'm sure it'll be a fun experience! And I also received a lovely mug with a canister of Green and Black's Maya Gold Organic Hot Chocolate with a twist of orange and a blend of spices--it is absolutely yummy! It was a wonderful package! Thank you, so much, G!

4 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Exchequered lijkt mij ook zo (!) leuk om te doen! En wat een prachtig garen heb je er bij gekregen! Ik moet echt wat meer aan swaps mee gaan doen als ik dit bij jou nu weer zie...(Is het gelukt met het vestje...?)

Saturday, March 03, 2007 2:13:00 PM  
Blogger gearncniht said...

ja, het vestje is af, en ik ben er blij mee. ik weet dat het mijn eerste keer is, dus ik verwachtte geen perfectie. maar ik heb een paar vragen voor hadewych voor de volgende keer. ik ga erover bloggen, dus je leest het binnenkort! ^^

Saturday, March 03, 2007 6:56:00 PM  
Blogger Glenda said...

I'm glad you like the package! I had fun picking out the colours - its amazing how many blue/grey combinations really don't work well together!

let me know how you like the sublime yarn too - I'm thinking of using it to make myself sweater when my yarn diet ends this fall! :)

Wednesday, March 07, 2007 4:47:00 PM  
Blogger Glenda said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

Wednesday, March 07, 2007 4:47:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home