Saturday, March 03, 2007

International Sassy Sock Yarn Swap

I received this lovely package earlier in the week from J. It was fabulous! Enough sock yarn for two pairs of socks! Two skeins of Silja 80% superwash wool/20% nylon strømpegarn by ASA Gjestal Spinneri in Norway. It's a lovely blue-gree-purple color. I can't wait to see how it knits up! I also receive two hanks of Lorna's Laces 80% superwash wool/20% nylon hand-dyed yarn. The colorway is called Black Watch: a blue-green-black blend. I've heard loads about Lorna's Laces yarns and am excited to finally get a chance to knit with it! I just love the yarns and the colors! Yeah! I also got an envelop of tiny size chiclets and dark-chocolate covered Altoids. I didn't know that Altoids came chocolate-covered... Interesting combination! Thanks J! It was a wonderful package!

Can you tell that I likes me some swappin'? ^^ I just love having to put a package together for someone you don't know very well, to guess what they might like. And then to send it off, waiting to hear whether you were successful. While you wait, you receive your own package, thoughtfully assembled by a new knitting friend from somewhere out there. And all the while, you get to make new friends! It's so much fun... and addictive ;-) ... The Punk Rock Gift Exchange has just begun, and Secret Pal 10 starts soon as well. Gotta get packin'! ^^

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home