Wednesday, July 11, 2007

SP10: Final installment

Today, I received the final installment from my SP10 pal. The only appropriate description is "Oh... my... God!" I was overwhelmed by the three packages I received at my office! There are no appropriate words to describe the fantabulinity contained in the packages... I just wanted to let my still-secret pal know how wonderful everything is! I'll have loads of fun with it all for a long time! At the moment, I don't have photos of the contents, but I thought I could go through the packages and let you guys know how I have been so spoiled by my pal!

package 1
-a beautiful burlap bag from Yr Hosbis i Blant yng Nghymru 'The Children's Hospice in Wales', a great place to hide (a small part of) my ever-increasing stash!
-a huge grab bag of assorted yarn ends from Texere Yarns, a wonderful assortment for future color-stranding or intarsia projects!

package 2
-three knitting magazines, all with free gifts!
*Simply Knitting with sheep-shaped point protectors
*Knit Today with a booklet filled with baby patterns
*Knitting with a poster of different sheep varieties!)
-a Shaun the Sheep comic with free magnetic photo frame
-10 x 25g skeins of Jamieson's Ultra (50% lambswool/50% Shetland wool) yarn in a beautiful white color. Perhaps another opportunity to dye again? Or maybe I'll keep it white and knit a nice lace shawl for my mom. We'll see!

package 3
-2 x 50g skeins of Koigu 100% Merino wool KPPPM yarn in mostly beige-y color with lots of other colors mixed throughout. I've been waiting to get my hands on some Koigu because of all the hype about it in the podo- and blogosphere and now I have 4 skeins: two from my SP10 pal and 2 from winning one of the PRGE best pal awards. How fabulous is that?!? Now, what to make from it? Socks? Gloves? Mittens? Oh, my!
-2 x 50g balls of Sirdar Snuggly baby bamboo yarn (80% bamboo/20% wool) one in light beige and the other in khaki. It's so soft! I think this will turn into something for my future niece or nephew. Gotta hunt through baby knitting books (as if they are hard to find!)!
-a 50g? skein of a mysterious orange yarn, feels like a plant fiber--perhaps cotton or linen? There are a number of bits in the grab bag mentioned in package one that seem to be of the same weight and type as this yarn, so perhaps I'll combine them into some sort of color-stranding project.
-a mix for a Turkish dessert called Kazandibi. I tried this in Turkey, and it was a nice custardy milk dessert. The version I tasted had chicken in it--not chunks of chicken and you couldn't taste it, but you could see the fibers of the chicken. Very interesting! I think I'll save this mix so I can make it with Ashley when I go back across the pond.
-a bar of Coldspring Mill Wool Fat Soap, a lanolin soap! It smells so lovely, not strongly perfumed. It's supposed to keep your hands nice and smooth... Can't wait to try it out!
-a 170g box of Clotted Cream Fudge, which is absolutely delicious! (um, yeah, I've already had a piece.... or two... ^^)
-four Clover products
*Knitting counter
*yarn cutter pendant (This is something I've always wanted to buy, but just never did for whatever reason. Now, I have one of my own! Yeah!)
*two sizes of coil knitting needle holders

I think you can see now why I was overwhelmed! So much stuff in one day! I'm going to have to start a bunch of projects this weekend!

Ethel, thank you so much! All the things you have given to me in these three packages as well as in the previous ones have been just fabulous--you chose so well! I can't wait to find out who you are!

4 Comments:

Blogger Marion said...

Wow, sounds you are really spoiled!

Bring the Koigu next monday please? I want to fondle it :D

Thursday, July 12, 2007 1:05:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Erm is now a good time to mention I have forgotten something. Oh well expect it before Christmas and some time soon ;-)

Thursday, July 12, 2007 2:42:00 PM  
Blogger Genevieve said...

wow, that's quite a haul!!

Thursday, July 12, 2007 4:17:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

you have been spoiled, that's for sure.

Sunday, July 15, 2007 2:22:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home