Tuesday, June 05, 2007

Square Three

You thought I forgot, didn't you? Well, now, I didn't... I've just been a little lazy... Here's the final square that I knit for the baby blanket. It's in the first column on the third row. In the baby blanket, it's actually upside-down... but no worries. I put a bunch of stitches together from the book Beginner's Guide: Knit Stitches & Easy Projects by Leisure Arts, Inc. The border is done in Divided Boxes (little squares that are made of two triangles--one knit and one purl). In the center, I did Diamond Lace and on either side is Little Fountain. After I finished, it was just a little smaller than the size we agreed on (20cm x 20cm), so I crocheted a simple edging--nothing fancy. Just single crochet, chain three, single crochet. I think this is my favorite of the three. Which do you like? ^^
Yarn: Cotton/Acrylic Blend (forgot details)
Colorway: Purple (forgot details)
Needles: Suzanne Bates US8/5mm straight aluminium needles, Suzanne Bates USH/5mm aluminium crochet hook
Patterns: Various Stitches from Beginner's Guide: Knit Stitches & Easy Projects by Leisure Arts, Inc. (Border: Divide Boxes, Center: Diamond Lace, Sides: Little Fountain) and simple crochet edging
Price: Group purchase, so I'm not quite sure.
How long: An afternoon
Where: Home

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home