Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Easy-peasy!

Yeah! Woohoo! A finished scarf! Never mind that it was just a simple garter stitch scarf with free yarn from my Utrecht stash. It's finished! Of course, pink is not really my color... I was planning on donating it to a charity, perhaps The Dulaan Project if they are still functional. If not, any suggestions?


(Template stolen borrowed with permission from C.)

Yarn: 1 full 50g skein and a number of partial balls (perhaps an additional skein and a half) of Phildar Steppe yarn (76% acrylic, 20% wool, 4% rayon) in pastel pink.

Needles: Suzanne Bates, aluminium, straight, US8/5mm

Pattern: Garter Stitch to the end!

Worked: At home and at a few Stitch 'n Bitch Amsterdam meetings (garter stitch makes a great project for chatting--not much thought to it.)

Cost: Free! Well, I guess technically, I had to pay €7 to get to Utrecht and back to pick up the famous (free!) Utrecht stash, and whatever I paid for the Suzanne Bates needles, which happen to be my first pair of knitting needles (bought at JoAnn's in Athens, Georgia in December 2003)!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home