Tuesday, May 08, 2007

Got Squares?

Here's another square that I made for the SnB-group-effort baby blanket: third column, fourth row. A bed of various flowers knit into a stockinette background with a border composed of squares that are half knit and half purl. The two flowers in the middle were made with bobbles (how fun to make!) and the ones on the top and bottom were done with a kind of mini-bobble (the directions were from a Chinese stitch dictionary, so I'm not quite sure what it is called...). The stems and leaves were also knit at the same time, not duplicate stitched on afterwards. But because of all the loose bits of yarn in the back, I knit a small pink swatch and sewed it onto the back, hence the pink border between the field of stockinette and the border. I was quite happy with this square, but it is not my favorite... Any guesses? One square to go! ^^

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home