Wednesday, February 07, 2007

February blogging resolutions and swapping

Okay, I'm bad at blogging. I don't update regularly, and I don't read other people's blogs very often. I've decided that I need to work on that. So, I am going to start small by trying to post at least once a week and to read at least the blogs I have linked on my sidebar at least once a week. We'll see how that goes! I do realize that I don't have to post pictures each time... I guess I can just talk about all the exciting things I'm working or experiencing and then post pics later.... So, here we go!

This morning, I sent off a package for the European Valentine Magic Yarn Ball Swap. You take a ball of yarn, buy a bunch of little things, and wrap them into the ball. This was a swap through swap-bot.com, which I'll tell you more about in a second... I included a package of Chinese flower tea, a pen, a roll of Droste milk chocolate, a roll of Dutch mints, stitch markers, row counters, and a sweater smoother (I'm not quite sure what it's really called) all wrapped in 50g of Jaegers Alpaca (100% alpaca). Now, it's on its way to Nina in Norway. Hope she likes it! And I'm naturally curious about who will be sending me something and what! Can't wait!

So, swap-bot.com is just a place with a bunch of different swaps. There are quite a few fiber craft-related swaps. Most of the swaps are a one time thing. This is my first, so I hope it's enjoyable! I also signed up for a Winter Knit Kit Swap, a crochet version of the same swap, and a Sassy Sock Yarn Swap and maybe a few others. For some of them, I'm still waiting to be assigned my partner... But it should be good fun, and it is great for those of us who need a quick swap-fix.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Robert,

Hope your 'voornemen' (what's the english word for that??) to blog once a week works out. Ones you start you can't get enough of it, at least that's my experience. I am going to check out the swap-bot site you told me about yesterday.

See you saterday.

Greetz,
Clasca

Tuesday, February 13, 2007 2:18:00 PM  
Blogger Nina In Norway said...

WOW! I got it.....Thanks!
It is my first Yarn Ball Swap and I love it. The yarn is just my favourite colour, and the quality is adorable. And the contents: I love it. Actually those “knitting equipment stuff” I thought about buying to my self. Luckily I did not.
Now I am helping my son doing his homework and eating your lovely sweets, and signing up for another yarn ball swap.
Swapping is fun. Yesterday I received Winter Scarf Knit Kit baggie. Yarn matches yours. I am sooo lucky. Today I sent “Sassy Sock Yarn” to US.

Wednesday, February 14, 2007 7:19:00 PM  
Blogger gearncniht said...

een voornemen is 'a resolution; an intention' and zich voornemen is 'to resolve'. i also hope it works out! so far, so not so good... i just need to discipline myself a little more.... we'll see...

nina, i'm glad you enjoyed the yarn ball i sent! i wasn't sure if we were supposed to contact our partners, so i just put together stuff that i hoped you would like: some knitting supplies and other what-not. i'm also taking part in the winter scarf knit kit and the sassy sock yarn swaps... still need to put the packages together and ship them out!

Thursday, February 15, 2007 10:38:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home