Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Secret Pal 10 Questionnaire

1. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with? What fibers do you absolutely *not* like? So far, I’ve worked with synthetic yarns, lots of cotton, wool and some mohair blends. I must say that I’m not particularly fond of ‘fuzzy’ yarns—my needles keep getting caught on them… But other than that, I’m not particularly picky about material/weight of yarn, as long as it’s soft! ^^

2. What do you use to store your needles/hooks in? I have Denise Interchangeable needles, so they are in their own nice, neat little case. As for my other needles/hooks, I keep them in the plastic envelope they came in and try to keep all of them in a plastic box. But that is only a temporary solution until I can find the perfect container to house all my knitting/crochet supplies!

3. How long have you been knitting? Would you consider your skill level to be beginner, intermediate or advanced? I’ve been knitting since Christmas 2005. I would consider myself intermediate.

4. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list? Yes, but under another email address: kankoku {at} hotmail {dot} com

5. What's your favorite scent? (for candles, bath products etc.) When I went to Charleston two Christmasses ago, I came across a soap scent that I absolutely fell in love with: Sweet birch. I liked it so much that I bought bars for my mom and my sister. I just kept sniffing the soap on the drive home. Of course, my sister, appreciative of the thought, quickly recognized the smell as Bengay… I never made that connection, but she’s right. I still like it, though…

6. Do you have a sweet tooth? Favorite candy? Doesn’t everyone? ^^ I love all forms of chocolate except for white chocolate, which I can’t stand (I don’t consider it chocolate). Other sweets are also greatly appreciated!

7. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do? Do you spin? In addition to knitting and crochet, I also cross-stitch and do a bit of sewing (by hand, though my sewing hasn’t developed much). I don’t spin, though I would like to give it a shot at least once. I’d also like to try weaving, but who knows when I’ll have the time. LOL.

8. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD) I love Björk, and I like listening to music in general. I’m into all sorts of music, except probably the more experimental kind. My computer can play MP3s.

9. What's your favorite color? Or--do you have a color family/season/palette you prefer? Any colors you just can't stand? For myself, I prefer more masculine colors: blues, greys, browns, blacks, greens. I’m not particularly fond of pastels or pink…

10. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets? I live by myself without pets in Amsterdam, the Netherlands. My boyfriend and family are in the US.

11. Do you wear scarves, hats, mittens or ponchos? I wear scarves and hats. I don’t have mittens or ponchos, though I have had them in the past and would wear them again.

12. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit? Well, I don’t know if I have a favourite item to knit. I like knitting socks, hats, and scarves (if the pattern is interesting). I would like to try a vest and/or a sweater for myself sometime this year. And I’m always on the look out for interesting things to knit.

13. What are you knitting right now? At the moment, I’m working on socks and a Scandinavian-style baby vest for my Norwegian circular knitting course. I’ll probably start up another project as well, in case I get bored with either of these… ^ -

14. Do you like to receive handmade gifts? Yes!

15. Do you prefer straight or circular needles? Bamboo, aluminum, plastic? I like all kinds of needles/hooks! As long as I can knit/crochet with them! ^ -

16. Do you own a yarn winder and/or swift? Yes, I own a yarn winder and a wooden swift!

17. How old is your oldest UFO? I guess my oldest UFO is my Norwegian baby vest that I started at the end of January. But it is almost finished! Yippie!

18. What is your favorite holiday? Favorite holiday? Hard to say. I guess now it would have to be Christmas as that is the only holiday I’m able to spend with my family.

19. Is there anything that you collect? "The Little Prince" in different languages, cookbooks (also in different languages, especially with regional or ethnic cuisine), language grammars, bills and coins from different countries.

20. Any books, yarns, needles or patterns out there you are dying to get your hands on? What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have? I don’t have any knitting/crochet magazine subscriptions. I find that in general knitting books and magazines are too female-centered (thought I totally understand why that is). I see a pattern or two per book/magazine that I might want to knit/crochet, but for me that is not enough to warrant buying/subscribing to them. I find it a pity, though. One book that I would like to have, though, is Weekend Knitting. I’d also love to get some Afghan crochet hooks.

21. Are there any new techniques you'd like to learn? I’d like to learn entrelac and double knitting. I’d also like to learn the Afghan/Tunisian stitch (and derivatives thereof) in crochet.

22. Are you a sock knitter? What are your foot measurements? Yes! Around ball of foot: 10” (~25.4cm), foot length 10.5” (~26.7cm).

23. When is your birthday? (mm/dd) August 24

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home