Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Oost, West, Thuis Best!

Home Sweet Home! (The post title is the Dutch version of this saying--literally "East, West, Home's Best") After two exciting weeks in hot, hot Turkey (apparently, one of the hottest summers in decades!), I came home to a cool and rainy Amsterdam. Home Sweet Home, eh? ^^

Well, I will definitely post pics and commentary about my trip in the following week or two. To get a taste, you can visit F.'s blog, the good friend who I visited in Turkey, here.

But, first, I need to blog about two things awaiting my arrival. When I went in to the office yesterday (after my flight--I'm a glutton for punishment to go into work the day I arrive from vacation, eh? I do this even if I fly from the US. I'm somehow deluded into thinking that it helps me overcome jet lag...), I was disappointed to see that no packages had arrived for me as I was expecting two. When I left to go home, however, I saw a package at the porter's desk that looked suspiciously as if it had come from the US. As I approached the porter's desk, I saw my name on the box! Yeah! So I asked the porter if he could give it to me (though I must say I was a little surprised that he didn't ask for identification...). Yippee!

What was it, you ask? It was a package from the Punk Rock Gift Exchange--I won one of the best pal prizes (there were three)! And this is what it contained: A great black project bag with a skull and crossbones in white, two patches, a button, wonderful skull stitch markers, fabulously kitsch magnets from Obsidian Kitten, five 50g blue and turquoise-y green skeins of 77% cotton/23% rayon Believe yarn by Classic Elite Yarns, and two 50g yellow/blue/green skeins of 100% Merino wool yarn by Koigu. Such a wonderful package! What am I going to make with the delectably yummy yarns? Any suggestions? ^^

And, what did I get today? A package from my SP10 pal! Yeah! Some more luscious yarn--hand-dyed 100% cashmere! So soft! There were two 100g skeins of a grey-white sock yarn and two 55g skeins of a brown-white lace weight yarn, both from HipKnits. I'm not sure what they are destined to become... Perhaps gloves so I can envelop my hands in the luxuriant softness? We'll see!

Thank you so much, Sunneshine and SP10 pal (or, as I learned in Turkey, "Çok teşekkür ederim")! The gifts are divine--I'll definitely enjoy working with them!

2 Comments:

Blogger Genevieve said...

they look like great gifts! (and, I always have to get my mail right away too!)

Thursday, June 28, 2007 3:04:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Can you make a clapotis? I've been dying to knit one, and have yet to get to it. Too many other projects lined up in front. Then I can see you figure out the comlexities in the pattern, learn from you and be inspired.

Friday, June 29, 2007 2:57:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home