Sunday, November 19, 2006

My apologies to Het Stookhok

I wanted to offer my apologies to Birgitte of Het Stookhok. I wrote a piece about the scarf I ripped and re-started about ten times. The post mentioned that part of the issue was that the recommended needle size on the website was smaller than what my WPI tool suggested. This was not meant as an attack or complaint about the services of Het Stookhok. Actually, I'm extremely satisfied with the yarn I received (it is so soft!) and with the service (Birgitte was really helpful in email contact I had with her during the purchase, and I received the yarn not long after ordering). The point of the post was more about the lessons that I, as a new knitter, am learning on my journey to knithood (um, yeah, this is the knitting version of knighthood). The point was that the recommended needle size on any yarn is not necessarily "the law"; it should be taken with a grain of salt. I should remember that these recommendations are just that: recommendations. It's up to me to see if it is correct for the project I am working on. So, Birgitte, I apologize for any potentially negative effects my posting may have had.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home